A visit from a Pen Pal: Language Focus
UNIT 1: A VISIT FROM A PEN PAL
• The past simple
• The past simple with “wish”
(1) Work with a partner. Ask and answer questions about each person did on the weekend (Thực hành vđi một bạn cùng học. Hỏi và trả lời về việc bạn làm cuối tuần).
a. What did Nga do on the weekend ?
- She went to a concert to listen to Hanoi singers.
- When did she go there ?
- She went there on Saturday at 8 p.m.
b. What did Lan do on the weekend ?
- She joined a camp with the Youth and Young Pioneer Associations.
- How long did she join it ?
- She joined it all weekend .
c. What did Nam do on the weekend ?
- He went to see a soccer match between Dong Thap and The Cong
- When did he see it ?
- He saw it on Sunday at 4 p.m.
d. What did Hoa do on the weekend ?
- She went to see a play called “Much ado about Nothing”
- When did she see it ?
- She saw it on Sunday at 7 p.m
(2) Lan and her friends are holding a farewell party for Maryam. Write the things they did to prepare for the party. Use the pictures and the words in the box.
(Lan và bạn đang tổ chức bữa tiệc chia tay Maryam. Viết những việc họ đã làm để chuẩn bị cho bữa tiệc. Nhìn tranh và sử dụng lừ trong khung)
1. Lan baked a cake
2. Tan hung colorful lamps
3. Nga bought some flowers
4. Mai painted a picture of Ha Noi
5. Lien went shopping
(3) Work with a partner. Write wishes you want to make in these situation.
(Thực hành vổi bạn cùng học. Viết lời ao ước theo các tình huống)
b. I wish I were in the swimming pool.
c. I wish I had a computer.
d. I wish I didn't live very far from school (I wished I lived near school).
e. I wish I had a sister.
f. I wish I could draw well/better (I wish I didn^ draw so badly).
g. I wish I had my friend7s phone number.
h. I wish I knew many friends.
i. I wish there were (some) rivers and lakes in my home town.