Language Focus Unit 4 Lớp 12 Trang 49
UNIT 4: SCHOOL EDUCATION SYSTEM
LANGUAGE FOCUS (TRỌNG TÂM NGÔN NGỮ)
* Pronunciation: Stress in three-syllable words
* Grammar: Passive Voice
Exercise 1. Điền vào cho trong bằng dạng hiện tại đơn bị động của động từ trong ngoặc.
1. The academic year in England is divided into three terms.
2. Each term is separated by a one-week break.
3. The national curriculum is set by the government and must be followed in all state schools.
4. The national curriculum is made up of more than ten subjects.
5. The state school system is paid for by the state.
6. The advanced students are selected to take a two-year course for the GCE “A” Level.
Exercise 2. Viết lại các câu sau đây, dùng dạng bị động.
1. This school was built in 1997.
2. This dictionary was first published in 1870.
3. A surprise party is going to be organized by the students in my class tomorrow evening.
4. The kitchen is being painted now.
5. “Romeo and Juliet” was written by Shakespeare in 1605.
6. Shakespeare’s tragedies have been translated into many languages.
7. A new primary school has just been built in my village.
8. English will be spoken at the conference.
9. The floor hasn’t been cleaned yet.
10. The house will be repainted soon.
Exercise 3. Điền vào cho trống của đoạn văn bằng dạng bị động thích hợp của động từ trong ngoặc.
1. was built 6. can be used
2. were sold 7. is kept
3. has been made 8. are done
4. can be bought 9. must be told
5. are used 10. can be done
Tham khảo đáp án chi tiết tại đây: School Education System (Hệ Thống Giáo Dục Trường Học)