Language Focus Unit 7 Lớp 12 Trang 81
UNIT 7: ECONOMIC REFORMS
LANGUAGE FOCUS (TRỌNG TÂM NGÔN NGỮ)
* Pronunciation: Strong and weak forms of auxiliaries.
* Grammar: Adverbial clauses of concession: Although, Though, Even though.
Exercise 1. Nối các cặp câu sau với Although / Even though.
Đáp án gợi ý.
1. Although it rained a lot, we enjoyed our vacation.
2. Although we had planned everything carefully, a lot of things went wrong.
3. Even though/Although the doctor has advised him to quit, Bob (still) smokes 20 cigarettes a day.
4. Although it was cold and rainy, we managed to go to class in time.
5. Although Luong has studied English only for six months, he can speak English very well.
6. I didn’t go to bed early although I was really sleepy.
Exercise 2. Hoàn thành các câu sau, dùng Although + một câu trong khung.
1. Although I was very tired
2. Although I had never seen her before
3. Although it was pretty cold
4. Although we don't like them very much
5. Although I didn’t speak the language
6. Although the heat was on
7. Although I’d met her twice before
8. Although we have known each other for a long time
Exercise 3. Dùng ý riêng của em để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau.
1. we forgot many things.
2. they were very hungry.
3. he could speak / read the language very well make himself understood.
4. Although he had revised everything / studied very hard,
5. it is pretty cold / there hasn’t been any rain.
Tham khảo đáp án đầy đủ tại đây: Economic Reforms (Cải Cách Kinh Tế)