Listening Unit 16 Lớp 10
UNIT 16: HISTORICAL PLACES
Before you listen
Theo cặp, em hãy nhìn tranh và trả lời câu hỏi.
1. Notre Dame Catheral in Ho Chi Minh city
2. Ha Long Bay
3. Hoan Kiem Lake in Ha Noi / The Hue bridge in Ha Noi.
4. Noon Gate in Hue Imperial City.
While you listen
Task 1: Nghe và chọn câu trả lời A, B hay C để hoàn thành câu.
1.B 2.A 3. C 4. C 5. C
Task 2: Hãy nghe lại và trả lời câu hỏi.
1. It lies on the Thu Bon river, 30 kilometres south of Da Nang.
2. It was known as a major trading centre in southeast Asia between the 16th and 17th centuries.
3. Hoi An is now famous for its old temples, pagodas, small tile-roofed houses and narrow streets.
4. They were made of wood and their pillars were carved with ornamental designs.
5. It is 151 years old.
6. It was built in 1855.
7. The house now looks almost exactly as it did in the early 19th century.
8. In 1999.
* Lời trong băng:
The ancient town of Hoi An lies on the Thu Bon river, 30 kilometres south of Da Nang. It was formerly a major trading center in Southeast Asia between 16th and 17lh centuries. Hoi An was also an important port for Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and other merchant vessels from the Far East.
Hoi An is famous for its old temples, pagodas, small tile-roofed houses and narrow streets. All the house were made of wood and their pillars were carved with ornamental designs.
One of the main attractions of Hoi An is the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was built in the 16th century and is still well-preserved. All visitors to Hoi An are recommended a visit to the Assembly Hall of Cantonese Chinese Congregation. This house was built in 1855 and still keeps many precious objects that belonged to the Chinese community of Hoi An. Another attractive address to tourists is Tan Ky House, which was constructed nearly two centuries ago as a house of a Vietnamese merchant. The house now looks almost exactly as it did in the early 19th century.
In recent years, Hoi An has become a popular tourist destination in Viet Nam. In 1999, it was certified by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site.
After you listen
Theo nhóm, các em hãy nói về phố cổ Hội An dựa vào các gợi ý sau.
• Vị trí và vai trò cùa nó trong quá khứ.
• Những nét hấp dẫn hiện tại của phố cổ.
• Những thắng cảnh chính và nét đặc trưng của chúng.
Tham khảo đáp án các phần sau: