Listening Unit 7 Lớp 11 Trang 84
UNIT 7: WORLD POPULATION
Before you listen
Theo cặp, thảo luận về hai câu hỏi:
1. Em có nghĩ là thế giới đã quá tải về dân số?
2. Lục địa nào có số dân đông nhất?
While you listen
Em sẽ nghe Tiến sĩ Brown, chuyên gia về dân số thế giới, trình bày về dân so thế giới,
Interviewer: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. In our program tonight, we are honoured to have Dr. Brown, a world famous population expert. Dr. Brown, could you tell US something about the world population.
Dr. Brown : Well, there are over 6,700 million people in the world today, and the total is increasing at the rate of about 76 million a year. Experts say that population of the world could be over 7 billion by the year 2015.
Interviewer: Do all parts of the world have the same rate of population growth?
Dr. Brown : No, they don’t. The population is growing more quickly in some parts of the world than others. Latin America ranks first, Africa second, and Asia third.
Interviewer: What is the main reason for the population explosion?
Dr. Brown :Well, I think the main reason is a fall in death rates. This is due to the improvement of the living conditions and medical care.
Interviewer: I believe the explosion of population has caused many problems. Is it right?
Dr. Brown :Yes, it is. It has caused a lot of problems such as shortage of foods, lack of hospitals and schools, illiteracy, and low living standards.
Interviewer: Can you make some suggestions on how to solve these problems?
Dr. Brown :I think, there are a number of solutions to the problems. The first is to educate people and make them aware of the danger of having more children. The second is to provide safe, inexpensive birth-control methods. The third is to strictly implement a family planning policy. And the fourth is to exercise strict and fair reward and punishment policies.
Interviewer: Thank you very much for being with us tonight.
Dr. Brown: You’re welcome.
Task 1. Chọn đáp án thích hợp nhất (A, B, C hay D) cho những câu sau.
1. A 2. D 3. C
4. D 5. A 6. C
Task 2. Nghe lại và trả lời câu hỏi.
ĐÁP ÁN GỢI Ý
1. According to the expert, by the year 2010, the population of the world will be over 7 billion.
2. He says that the population growth rates in some parts of the world are not the same. The population grows more quickly in some parts of the world than others.
3. According to the expert, the reason for a fall in the death rates is the improvement of public health services and medical care.
4. The problems (which) population explosion causes to the world, particularly to developing countries are shortage of foods, lack of hospitals and schools, illiteracy, and poor living conditions.
5. The expert offers 4 solutions. They are (i) to educate people and make them aware of the danger of having more children, (ii) to provide safe, inexpensive birth-control methods, (iii) to strictly implement a family planning policy, and (iv) to exercise strict and fair reward and punishment policies.
After you listen
Theo nhóm, thảo luận và tóm tắt lại nội dung chỉnh của bài hội thoại.
How many questions did the interviewer ask?
What is the interview about?
What did the expert say about the population of the world, the causes of population explosion, the problems it causes to the world, particularly to developing countries, and the solutions to the problems?
Tham khảo đáp án những phần sau: