Listening Unit 8 Lớp 10 Trang 86
UNIT 8: THE STORY OF MY VILLAGE
Before you listen
Theo cặp, hãy nhìn hai bức tranh của cùng một thị trấn rồi nói ra sự khác biệt giữa hai bức tranh đó.
- In the past, the town used to have only small houses, but now there are tall buildings.
- In the past, there weren’t any hotels, but now there is a big hotel in the town.
- The roads used to be narrow, but now they are wide.
- There wasn’t a car park in the town, but now there is a car park there. While you listen
Task 1: Dựa vào nội dung của bài nói trong băng hãy xem những câu dưới đây là đúng (T) hay sai (F).
1. F —> It’s on the south coast of England.
2. F —> It used to be a small quiet town.
4. F —> A lot of trees have been cut down for wider streets.
5. F —> Some people don’t like the changes, they miss the quiet and peaceful life of the old town.
Task 2: Nghe lại bài nói lần nữa và ghi ra những từ còn thiếu.
1. houses 3. widened 5. car
2. hotel 4. cut 6. shop
* Lời trong băng:
Popffero used to be a small quiet town on the south coast of England. But it has become a crowded and busy tourist resort now. They’re completely destroyed its old atmosphere. The small old houses have been pulled down, and tall
buildings have been put there instead. They’re also built a big hotel in the middle of town. The narrow streets have been widened and resurfaced, so the big trees on the two sides of the streets have been cut down. The large area of grass land in the suburbs of the town has been turned into an ugly car park. Even the old comer shop isn’t there any more. It has been replaced by a big department store. And there is an expensive restaurant where there used to be an old tea shop. Many people in Popffero are happy with the changes as there are more jobs for them. But some people don’t like the changes they miss the quiet and peaceful life of the old town.
After you listen
Theo nhóm, hãy nói về những thay đổi trong thành phố quê hưomg hay làng quê của em.
Tham khảo đáp án các phần sau: