Test Yourself B English 12 (Unit 3 - 6)
TEST YOURSELF B
(Unit 4 - Unit 6)
Nghe đoạn băng về việc giáo dục thiếu nhi và điền vào chỗ trống.
Children's education is changing very rapidly today. In the past, teachers made children sit still for hours. They made them memorize all sorts of things. Today, many teachers wonder if it is not possible to make children learn at all. They say they can only help them to discover things for themselves. For some children, school is a kind of prison. They are at school only because their parents make them go. They get out of the classroom as soon as the teachers let them leave. Many of them want to find jobs but the law does not let them work until they reach a certain age. And so, they have to stay in school. Often they all hate every moment.
1. In the past, teachers made students sit for hours and memorize all sorts of things.
2. Today many teachers wonder if it is not possible to make children learn at all.
3. They say you must let students learn and discover things for themselves.
4. Children are at school only because their parents make them go.
5. The law does not let them work until they reach a certain age.
Đọc đoạn văn sau và điền vào cho trong bằng từ thích hợp trong khung.
1. final 2. requirements 3. when 4. courses
5. subjects 6. qualification 7. graded 8. equivalent
9. count 10. who
A) Viết lại câu với các từ cho sẵn sao cho có cùng nghĩa với câu cho trước.
1. The windows have been cleaned.
2. A supermarket is going to be built in this area.
3. Lan is said to have won a special prize.
4. If you listen carefully, you will know what to do.
5. If I had a car, I could / would give you a lift.
6. If we had brought along a city map, we wouldn’t / couldn’t have got lost.
B) Nối các cặp câu sau, dùng mệnh đề quan hệ.
1. The girl who answered the phone told me you were out.
2. The chair that was broken 2 days ago has now been repaired.
3. I saw some people whose car had broken.
4. I recently went back to my hometown where I was born.
Giả sử em đang xin việc làm thủ thư bán thời gian trong kỳ nghi hè tại trường đại học ở Anh quốc. Hãy viết thư xin việc khoảng 150 từ gửi cho Dịch vụ việc làm của nhà trường với các gợi ý sau.
• Reasons for writing Nêu lý do viết thư
• Qualifications Bằng cấp, các chứng chỉ
• English proficiency Khả năng Anh ngữ
• Work experience Kinh nghiệm nghề nghiệp
• Computer skills Kỹ năng vi tính
• Characters and interests Tư cách và sở thích
Đáp án gợi ý.
14 King Henry Avenue
Stratford - England
10th April, 200
8060The Employment Service
Stratford University England.
I am Thuy Anh Pham, a second year student who is majoring in English Literature at the University.
I’m writing this letter to apply for a part-time job as a librarian during the summer holiday (from May to September). I had this position at the University Library last year and I was very interested in doing the job. With the experience I got, I think I can do it better this year.
I can speak French and Chinese rather fluently and I can work well with a computer. I enclose here a letter of recommendation from my previous employer - the manager of the University Library.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thuy Anh Pham.